The best healer you can have is your own innate wisdom. Spiritual Counseling reconnects you with your inner guide.
Spiritual Counselling is for you if:
- You are a sensitive and/or anxious person
- You struggle to stay grounded
- You need support through a life transition
- You are searching for more meaning in your life
- You feel disconnected from your body
- You are an artist, writer, or musician experiencing a block
- You need support in challenging relationships
- You find it difficult to make life decisions, big or small
- You are looking for strategies to manage pain
- You feel like you are merely going through the motions in life
- You are searching for your passion
- You are just curious about trying spiritual counselling!
All are welcome regardless of religious or spiritual background.
Do you feel…..
- Like your body holds keys to doors that you want to unlock, but you don’t know how start?
- Confused by the buzz around “listening to the body” and want a clear explanation and experience of what it means to actually hear your body’s wisdom?
- That you need to try a new way of healing your anxiety and that this body-centred approach could be it?
- That your emotions might overwhelm you if you don’t approach them in the right way?
- Tired of head-centred, overly analytical approaches to life?
- Like it is time to bring more balance between your mind and body?
- Ready to start living in alignment with your values?
- Ready to be part of the swell of body-centered wisdom arising in humanity?
- Like there has to be a better way to heal the body-mind than using only the mind?
- Like talk therapy is only one piece of the puzzle, but not the whole solution?
If this sounds like you, we have the tools to help you on the next steps of your journey…
I especially appreciated his willingness/openness to work with me despite... my peculiar spiritual issues...I'm mostly atheist
“I highly recommend Matthew as a spiritual mentor. He worked with me adeptly in helping me sort through and move forward with both the intellectual and more ‘holistic’ obstacles in my spiritual development. Our work together, which included 4 session spanning about 3 months, included conversations about spirit, God, emptiness, and awareness, as well as practical instruction in ‘healing through intuition’ and Qi Gong.
As a mental health counselor myself, I appreciated his clinical instincts– making space for my personal exploration, encouraging me, asking questions, and offering his own input tentatively (which is to say, tactfully). I especially appreciated his willingness/openness to work with me despite what felt to me as my peculiar spiritual issues– specifically, the fact that I’m mostly atheist. He was always willing to “get lost” with me, providing expert advice while allowing me to “be the expert” of my own experience and process.
If you choose to work with Matthew, you will have a spiritual mentor who will respect your individual journey while offering helpful resources from his personal journey as well as his academic studies. You will be finding a responsive resource who will help you make spiritual progress.”
— Matt L.
Every session with Matthew has been a wild journey where we discovered the most profound and unexpected treasures
“When we started working together I was straight up terrified of how my emotions felt in my body and tried to avoid experiencing them because they were overpowering to the point that I thought they would never end. Matthew guided me gently right into them with his terrific intuitive sense of when to let something be, which made the whole experience feel so safe and affirming and comfortable. What we discovered inside the physicality of emotion was honestly mind blowing. I have had such a shift in my perspective where I now experience my body as an infinite garden full of mystery and treasures, the emotions are the point of entry to this great mystery. Every session with Matthew has been a wild journey where we discovered the most profound and unexpected treasures. He has a really sharp sense of when language resonates with embodied experience. The authenticity and ebullience with which he reflected my experience back to me was really fundamental for making this work so transformational and collaborative. Matthew is a very gifted guide and I honor him for the faith he has helped to restore in me.”
My sessions with him brought me back to a relationship with my body that was soothing and grounding
“Rabbi Ponak is a deeply empathic, intuitive, and creative healer. My sessions with him brought me back to a relationship with my body that was soothing and grounding.”
-Rabbi Moshe Givental